Warm taco dip that’s a meal in itself.
Finger food. Dip. Tacos. Yea – this recipe is all of that in one.
We often have leftover rice and don’t want to have Chinese food again and we like to eat tacos… A LOT. And then there are days when all we want is to munch on a warm dip with a ton of chips and watch TV. This is one of those lazy-day meals that everyone will like and it’s so quick you won’t miss more than half of your favorite Grey’s or Walking Dead episode.
You can easily double or triple this recipe, toss it in a slow-cooker on warm and serve to your kids ravenous friends at the sleep over or for your next bowling banquet. Easy peasy,chicken pleasey- or something like that 🙂
Chicken Taco Dinner Dip
- 1½ cups cooked white rice
- 2 tbsp each – lime juice, soy sauce & vegetable oil
- 1 tsp each – chili powder, cumin, basil & garlic powder
- 1 medium chicken breast, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup shredded Mexican or taco cheese
- Cook the rice accordingly and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the lime juice, soy sauce, veggie oil, chili powder, cumin, basil and garlic powder.
- Cut the chicken breast, bell pepper and onion into small, same sized pieces and toss into the above mixture.
- In a large skillet and on medium heat, saute the mixture above until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk sour cream and water together and add to the skillet.
- Stir in rice and toss until coated and heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top and serve with tortilla chips or corn chips, extra sour cream and cheese, lettuce, tomato, avocado, etc.
- Jasmine rice works great here, it’s not sticky and coats well!
- Sometimes I use cilantro flavored olive oil instead, and it adds a whole new flavor to the dish.
- Switch it up and use ½ lb. ground beef in place of the chicken.
- Use a packet of taco or fajita seasoning in place of the above spices if you don’t have them on hand.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 15 minutes Servings: 4
Estimated Calories per Serving, based on 4 servings – 255. Estimated calories based on regular sour cream and does not include extra toppings and chips for dipping.