Thick sausage gravy served on piping hot biscuits.
Biscuits gravy, such a traditional breakfast meal that you can find on almost every menu in the US. In my own experience, most of the time the gravy is lacking in flavor or you can taste the flour… not very appetizing! So when I started making biscuits and gravy at home there was no need to go out for breakfast anymore, unless it was for something else I craved. This meal is quick and easy and will fill you up for hours!
Biscuits & Gravy
- 1 can of 8 biscuits
- 1 lb. ground breakfast sausage
- 3 tbsp flour
- 3 cups milk
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp ground thyme
- Bake biscuits per package directions.
- While biscuits are baking, cook sausage in a skillet unit no longer pink. Do not drain!
- Sprinkle the flour over the sausage and stir until sausage is coated and no flour is visible.
- On medium heat, slowly pour in milk and cook until bubbly. Stir in pepper and thyme.
- Serve the biscuits drenched in gravy.
- Sometimes I’ll switch it up and use ½ lb. sausage and ½ lb. ground chorizo for a little extra kick. Omit the pepper; it could be too spicy if you don’t!
- I’ll occasionally use homemade biscuits and I’ll add my recipe for them soon.
Prep time: 0 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes Servings: 4
Estimated Calories per Serving – based on 4 servings – 675. Estimated using 2 biscuits each and with 1% milk.